We are looking forward to welcoming you back to ASOB training this week.
Prior to attendance please review the below information and ensure you have completed your personal assessment form through the ClubZap application.
Please find attached Ardscoil Old Boys first iteration of it’s Health and Safety plan which has been put in place to ensure that your return to sport occurs in the safest possible manner. Should you have any queries on this plan please do not hesitate to contact any of the Covid Safety/Compliance officers. This is a live document and will be updated based on relevant new information.
We are now in the individual contact skills stage of the return to play plan. Please find below an outline of what this stage includes:
- Controlled contact development:
- Using pads and shields progressing from walking, jogging to running to Working in small numbers on 1v1 contact scenarios with controlled gradual progression leading to 1v1 tackle
- Skills based activities (handling, decision making, positioning/support play)
- No live scrummaging or mauling
- Unopposed set piece and team run
- Face to face contact is minimised
- Two coaches to be present
Please note that as it currently stands players who have been abroad cannot train for 14 days after their return whether the country has been included on Ireland’s latest ‘green list’ or not.
In conjunction with the University of Limericks risk reduction processes we believe we have put in place the necessary measures to ensure a safe environment for all members.
- Please review the Health and Safety plan and take note of particular areas that relate to those falling into the ‘at risk’ categories or those living with someone who falls into the ‘at risk’ category;
- Please ensure that you complete and return your Pre-Return to Rugby Personal Assessment prior to attending training. You will be unable to train without doing so.
- Should you have any questions or queries regarding the measures in place or ways to improve measures please do not hesitate to contact any of the Covid 19 Safety or Compliance officers.